I’m sure most of you know by now that I was in L.A. last week. I had a blast. It was a vacation filled with all of my favorite things about life. One of those things is music. My friend Evan is big time into music probably more so than me if that is possible. Of course with him being a recording and sound engineer you kinda have to be. So naturally he had some new music for me to listen to. So here sre some reviews of some of the music I experienced while in the la. Hopefully this will make up for not having the top five songs of the week last week.
1) After Midnight Project: I just haven’t touted these guys enough on here and that is sad because I know them personally and have also done some design work for them. Check out the AMP logo on my work page as well as a flier I did for them. Evan works for them and lives with Jason the lead singer, who is a really cool guy. These guys are gonna be HUGE one day. Well they are working on some new stuff and I got a sneak peak at it. It is going to be flippin sweet. You guys should check them out on myspace. Just listen to “Take Me Home” like twice and you will be hooked!
2) Saosin: These guys kick! The harmonies, the guitar work, the hooks. These guys have it and it seems like nobody knows about it yet. The song to listen to is “Your Not Alone”. This song gave me chills. You can check them out here.
3) Linkin Park: Minutes To Midnight. Heard this cd as soon as I got off the plane and into Evan’s car. There is so much to say about this record. First off it is TOTALLY different from anything they have ever done. I can totally respect a band for wanting to grow and experiment and develop their sound. It’s gutsy. However you can end up really upsetting your fan base too. I’m on the fence about the record. I am a little disappointed in the language on the record but at least it’s not “F” bombs one right after the other. However, having the inside scoop on these guys I’m not sure if their new sound and look (check out the pics of them on the inside cover) are completely original. I can’t really spill on it because this is a blog and is public and because I don’t like to spread rumors or get people in trouble so I’ll just leave it at that. Just keep it in mind.
4) Muse: Absolution. Yeah Muse is awesome. Very sweet stuff however if you read the lyrics they are a little or a lot political. I try not to have that dictate my music selection but it may bother some. These guys are pretty sweet so you should check them out.
5) Ozzy: Ozzmosis. I know I know Ozzy is the Devil. I know but this cd is so good front to back it just shreds! I head it way back in like the 8th grade and I remember thinking to myself wow this is awesome stuff. I never got around to getting it until now. Give it a try.
So that’s it. I will be doing my top five songs for the week a bit early too because I’m gonna be gone again on Friday. Also look for mud and steel a little earlier too. Post your newly discovered music in the comments if you like.